Primary Arms SLx Gen III 5x 36mm Prism Scope Illuminated ACSS-AURORA Reticle Matte Information
The Primary Arms SLx Gen III is part of the SLx optics line. SLx optics built the reputation for innovation, reliability and value. All SLx optics undergo rigorous field-testing during development to best serve you in any environment. The Primary Arms 5X Compact Prism Scope Gen III with improved ACSS 5.56 reticle is the most powerful prism scope design. The 5X magnification and bright illuminated horseshoe and chevron reticle allow for surprisingly fast, both-eyes-open shooting at close range, while the ACSS reticle allows for consistent hits on targets out to an impressive 800 meters. The Gen III scope has been equipped with our next generation ruggedized mounts to provide flexible mounting options with incredible clamping power.
The heart of the tough Gen II 5X Prism Scope is the ACSS Aurora reticle. The feature-rich and intuitive reticle design is uncluttered, designed to communicate vital information in an efficient manner to not only increase first-hit probability but drastically reduce the time necessary to reach a firing solution to get that hit. From 300m and in, the illuminated chevron aiming point provides wicked-quick snap shooting capability and both-eyes open engagement, so you never lose peripheral vision. The outer tips of the chevron pull double duty as leads for targets moving 3.1 mph perpendicular to the shooter. For targets moving a bit faster, the two lead dots on either side of the chevron are leads for a target hustling along at 8.6 mph. Aurora even compensates for mounted targets up to 40mph!
For engagements 400m and out, the integrated bullet drop compensation and wind leads come into play. The tried and true ACSS auto-ranging system allows for near-instant range estimation, which enables rapid transition to the BDC system that offers holdovers in 50m increments out to an impressive 800 meters. The real world often involves wind, and ACSS Aurora provides full value 5 and 10mph wind holds. Is the wind a little stronger or softer, maybe coming at an angle? Use the holds as a reference point and adjust accordingly. For operators in the field, no other reticle provides the combined capabilities and intuitive use of the ACSS Aurora.
The SLx 5X Gen III has even greater strength and flexibility than ever before with our next generation ruggedized mounting system. Primary Arms upgraded everything about the mount from materials and finish to the design to create a mount that will not just clamp securely to your rail, but stand up the rigors of real-world use. Integrated recoil lugs help lock your mount in place against the heaviest recoil while large diameter crossbolts give you significantly improved clamping power and will hold up to significant torque. The included riser is the perfect height for AR-15s and AR-10s, but can be easily removed for carry handle or AK use as well.
- Ruggedized mount provides exceptional clamping power
- Includes AR-height riser
- ACSS Aurora reticle is MIL-based with ranging and hold overs to 800m
- Partially illuminated reticle is visible even in bright daylight with red or green illumination
- Red or green illumination available on the same optic for greater flexibility
- Removable M1913 picatinny top rail for accessories or piggy-backed red dot sights
- Generous 7mm exit pupil allows for a bright and forgiving eye box
- 18.8ft field of view at 100 yards provides easier tracking of mobile targets
- 2.5″ – 3.0″ of eye relief
- 1/3 MOA turret clicks are tactile and audible for easy zeroing
- Tough prism scope is waterproof, fog resistant, and shockproof
- Durable hardcoat anodized black finish
- Compatible with standard carry handle mounts
- Protected by a lifetime warranty
WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm – www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
|Adjustment Click Value||1/3 MOA|
|Shipping Weight||1.920 Pounds|